ROBSON RANCH DENTON PICKLEBALL ACADEMY
The Pickleball Academy is offered to new members of the Robson Ranch Denton Pickleball Club (RRDPC). You must be a Robson Ranch resident and a paid member of the RRDPC to participate.
The Pickleball Academy teaches new players the basics of Pickleball: rules, strokes, scoring, and basic strategy. Graduates will leave with the knowledge and confidence to join in club play designated for the beginner/2.0 skill level.
- Participants must be paid members of the RRDPC. Please make sure you join the club prior to signing up for the Academy. There is no additional charge to participate in the Academy.
- Academy sessions are offered once a month. Additional sessions will be scheduled if needed. Time and location vary by season. Please see the Player Development calendar for a complete, up-to-date schedule.
- The Academy is limited to 12 players so we can maintain an instructor/player ratio of 1:4.
- Sessions are scheduled on Monday/Tuesday or Tuesday/Wednesday evenings for a total of four hours over two days. A follow-up D Academy Shootout session will be offered to recent Academy graduates.
- Participants will be moved into available Academy sessions based on registration time/date. You can check the status of your registration at any time.
- Preparing for Academy
- Pleaser review the Player Development Orientation prior to your Academy.
- Pickleball paddle. If you do not have a paddle, demo paddles will be available. You may want to try before you buy. As Pickleball gains in popularity, there are a lot of options and price-points to consider. Academy instructors can provide some insight that may help inform your purchasing decision.
- Shoes. Court shoes are recommended. Running shoes and shoes with thick soles don’t provide needed lateral stability.
- Dress. Dress in comfortable athletic wear suitable for the season.
- Name badge. Please wear your name badge. This is Robson!
- Water. Don’t forget your water. There is a water/ice machine at the Ramada.
- COVID. Bring your hand sanitizer. Masks are optional.
Please send your Academy questions to Sherril Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have technical problems with registration, please contact the RRDPC Webmaster at email@example.com.